An then one day me Robbert and Gyalgy entered the village of Manang, after 5 days of trekking and enjoying the great views and adventures. In Manang we met up with our Dutch friends, about half of them we know from Holland and the famous diving group SDVA. The others we would get to know along the trip. After this we thoroughly enjoyed a good cup of coffee and real nice apple pie. And practiced our first kiting skills. And last but not least, we went to a very interesting and sometimes slightly disturbing presentation about Altitude Sickness.
Flying a Kite with a view
96 year old 100 rupee monk
First glimpse of sun while trekking up to the pass
Taking Diomox before bedtime
Some highlights of part 2, in random order:
- Robberts hunt for a western toilet and reading the disappointment in his eyes while he sees another horrible squat toilet
- Bossing people around the moment you become the Big Dahl Bati.
- Seeing Daniel almost crying in frustration over not solving a simple puzzle.
- 100 rupee mayonnaise
- Screaming and jumping around the room with Robbert before bed in frustration about the cold, making the neighbours wonder what is happening
- Eating Dutch sausage (Rookworst!) at 4200 meters, and seeing Richard eat it, and seeing others see Richard eat it.
- Seeing the first glimpse of sun rise over the mountains while climbing the last meters to the Thorong La Pass.
- Listening to slightly disturbing ‘hypothetical’ questions about drugs and diarrhoea from other travellers during the altitude sickness presentation
High altitude looks